3,500 Valley Residents Participate in Congressman Brad Sherman’s Telephone Town Hall
Sherman Oaks – On Thursday evening, thousands of Valley residents participated in an interactive “Telephone Town Hall” hosted by Congressman Brad Sherman (D-Sherman Oaks).
Residents from all over the San Fernando Valley called in and participated in a conversation with Congressman Sherman for over ninety minutes. During this time, the Congressman addressed the questions and concerns of constituents about the President, climate change, electoral reforms, and other issues.
“Telephone Town Halls are a regular part of my outreach to constituents,” said Rep. Sherman. “Telephone Town Halls allow me to easily interact with thousands of Valley residents and provide a good way for me to know what’s on the minds of my constituents. I’ve hosted well over 200 Town Halls of various types. I particularly like Telephone Town Halls because constituents can participate without leaving their homes, so we typically get many thousands of participants.” Congressman Sherman will be hosting an in-person Town Hall on Saturday, June 1st at Granada Hills Charter High School.
Rep. Sherman was joined by his Valley Office Director, Scott Abrams, who discussed the work he is doing in the San Fernando Valley and provided information on the Congressman’s constituent services program.
During the Telephone Town Hall, Sherman requested input from his constituents by asking a series of survey questions about pressing issues. The results of the survey questions are as follows:
- Trade Policy with China: We import $539 billion and we export $120 billion. They require we transfer jobs and technology to be able to have those exports. Which of the following approaches do you agree with?
- Tariffs are needed until China makes major changes: 38%
- Don’t threaten or require tariffs: 31%
- No Opinion: 32%
- Do you approve or disapprove of the way Donald Trump is handling his job as President?
- Approve: 14%
- Disapprove: 82%
- Unsure: 4%
- Do you support the Green New Deal?
- Yes: 53%
- No: 15%
- No Opinion: 32%
- Do you support the legislative agenda of Planned Parenthood?
- Yes: 77%
- No: 11%
- No Opinion: 11%
- Do you support abolishing the electoral college?
- Yes: 54%
- No: 28%
- No Opinion: 18%