Congressman Sherman Hosts 5th Telephone Town Hall of 2021
Sherman Oaks – Over 3,000 Valley residents participated in Congressman Brad Sherman’s (D-Sherman Oaks) live “Telephone Town Hall” last night, where the Congressman updated valley residents on the latest efforts to defeat Covid-19, our economic recovery and many other critical issues facing Congress.
The Congressman provided the latest information on Congressional negotiations over our national infrastructure, the federal response to the Delta variant, and resources for assistance such as the historic Child Tax Credits provided by the “American Rescue Act.” The Congressman also reported on the federal funding he secured for numerous community projects to help address environmental, transportation and homelessness issues in the San Fernando Valley.
Dr. Lynn Goldman, Dean of the Milken Institute School of Public Health, joined the Congressman and addressed concerns over the Delta variant, “breakthrough” Covid-19 cases, fielded questions on vaccine safety and provided well-grounded guidance to help Valley residents navigate through the current stage of this pandemic.
“Telephone Town Halls have always been a regular part of my outreach to constituents,” said Congressman Sherman. “As we work to fully emerge from this pandemic and build back better, Telephone Town Halls allow me to easily and safely interact with thousands of Valley residents, keeping them informed during this critical time for our country.”
During the Telephone Town Hall, Sherman requested input from Valley residents by asking a series of survey questions about their thoughts on next steps forward. The results of the survey questions are as follows:
- Do you approve or disapprove of President Biden’s handling of the job so far?
- Approve: 70%
- Disapprove: 19%
- Unsure/Mixed: 11%
- Have you received the 1st payment of the monthly Child Tax Credit as part of the American Rescue Act?
- We Got It: 8%
- We’re Ineligible because we make more than the salary eligibility threshold: 83%
- The IRS can’t wire money to bank account, but hope it’s on the way in the mail: 4%
- We Don’t Know: 4%
- Which infrastructure proposal do you currently support?
- The Bipartisan Infrastructure Framework ($1 trillion): 24%
- Senator Sander's + Senate Democrats' Proposal ($4 trillion Plus Bipartisan proposal): 57%
- Neither: 19%
Congressman Sherman will continue to host Town Halls and help keep Valley residents informed. To stay notified of all our upcoming events, visit BradSherman.house.gov/TownHalls.