Congressman Brad Sherman
Public Sector 1991 - Present
- Financial Services Committee, 1997 - Present
- Foreign Affairs Committee, 1997 - Present
- Chair, Subcommittee on Terrorism, 2007 - 2010; Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Terrorism, 2011 - 2012
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Asia, 2013 - Present
- Budget Committee (1997); Committee on Science (1998 - 1999 and 2003 - 2007); Judiciary Committee (2007 - 2009)
- Co-Chair, CPA and Accountants Caucus, 2013 - Present
Chairman, California State Board of Equalization, California's elected tax commission and America's second largest tax agency, 1991 - 1995
Private Sector 1975 - 1990
Instructor, Harvard Law School International Tax Program. Participated as a staff member of a big-four CPA firm in the financial audits of large businesses and government entities; provided tax law counsel on major transactions; provided tax and investment advice to entrepreneurs and small businesses. Helped represent the Government of Phillippines under President Aquino in a successful effort to seize assets of deposed President Marcos. Member of the Board of California Common Cause, 1985-1989.
Harvard Law School, J.D., Magna Cum Laude; UCLA, B.A., Summa Cum Laude
Certified Public Accountant (CPA), California. Attorney, California State Bar. Certified by California State Bar as a Tax Law Specialist.